Pinterest is a great way to engage buyers. It is a tool to capture your market share for Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday. Are you ready? According to Bizrate Insights it is estimated that 70% of Pinterest Pinners are inspired to buy compared to only 17% of Facebook users. The average Pinterest user will spend $179.36 when making a purchase from this social media site compared to $80.22 for Facebook users and $68.78 for Twitter followers.
Pinterest recently announced Secret Boards. You have only three boards you can make secret. You cannot make a public board secret. However, you can make a Secret Board public. Below are my top ten ideas for using Pinterest Secret Boards.
1. Create boards to share with VIP Clients – post new content for them first or exclusively. This can also be where your VIP clients share their ideas and solicit feedback.
2. Create boards to advertise specials for VIP Customers only. What better way to save on mailing advertisements or promos? Invite your followers to participate on your Secret Board. Your small business could run a contest to spark engagement. You could even charge a small fee to be part of your inner circle.
3. Collaborate with your team. Post new ideas for projects and let them post too.
4. Store ideas for branding. When working with your graphic designer you can pin new ideas to share and he or she can also post updates to your special branding projects i.e. logo design, website, advertisements etc.
5. Prepare boards for upcoming launches. Prepare your boards in advance to your big seasons i.e. wedding season, holidays, anniversary etc. This will save you time and frustration. You can make them public when you are ready.
6. Membership Boards – create Secret Boards that only your paying members gain access. We often have great content to share that people are willing to pay to access.
7. New Hire Videos. Instead of having to show a new employee how to do something send him or her to your Secret Board where he or she can watch a short video. Make a series of training videos.
8. Gift Registry – are you getting married? Make a Secret Board of all your favorite things to include a link to the website or gift registry site. If you are vendor of wedding products or services make a board for your VIP clients so that the links go back to your products or services.
9. Bucket List– product inspiration. We all need a private journal or diary. Let Secret Boards be your visual notebook, photo album or journal.
10. Keep an eye on the competition. Yes, as a business owner you must keep an eye on the competition. Secret Boards let you pin things you need or want to keep an eye on.
Pinterest Secret Boards can be a great way to market your business, engage your clients and customers as well as sharing content with your team. You are only limited by your imagination. I challenge you to think outside the box on how you can grow your small business and maximize profits using Pinterest Secret Boards.
Founded in 2006, Dream Catcher Business & Career Coaching is a woman owned and veteran owned business. Jaynine is a member of the Carteret Chamber of Commerce and a graduate of the Leadership Carteret Class of 2011, Veterans Chamber of Commerce, and the American Psychological Association. She is also a retired United States Marine and former psychotherapist who works with Veterans and those on Active Duty. Dream Catcher is where your desire to succeed and your commitment to grow personally and professionally meet so you can turn your dreams into reality. You can contact Coach Jaynine to schedule a strategy session at 910.539.2810or email her at Jaynine@coachjaynine.com